June 2, 2010

Container lettuce to rescue. Too much rain. Wrong container in fact...

When too much rain comes, you want to have holes in containers you grow any plants, so water doesn't bother them. They are not aquatic plants - right? As you know, we had lot's of rain and floods in Poland. My house and garden was safe, but after few days of rain, my largest container where I planted lettuce and radishes looked like aquatic feature, not vegetable container. I wished there were holes. I emptied the water partially several times, but yesterday I gave up. No hope!
I decided to move my 2 months old lettuce to veggie beds to save it. Some radishes are still there, but majority was harvested.           


Lesson learned. Make holes in your vegetable containers. No excuses.

3 comments:

Darla said...

Oh yeah, drain holes are important, tee hee.

vicki archer said...

I have made this very expensive mistake too Ewa....xv

Unknown said...

My daughter likes to grow annual poppies in her Container vegetable gardening . You can see photos of them in this post

KEEP READING - MORE GREAT STUFF IN OLDER POSTS