November 16, 2007

November-itis - meme tag

I was honoured by jodi and tagged as 'meme-victim'. I do it with pleasure. Little late, but I had to find out few new things...
First - of course - I had to learn what 'meme tag' is. Wikipedia is very helpful - how have we lived without internet in the past?
Second I had to learn how to insert a hyperlink in the text :)

Meme tag is great in a way, because you learn more about fellow bloggers and also especially at this season this idea works wonders. Why? You start to think about things you like in your life :) November can make us bit depressed or sad, but if you concentrate on things you like it may have healing effect: life looks always better after.

Rules are following:
When tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of your list, you must tag and link 8 other people.

Easy-wizzy it was not to make list of 8 things I like.

So... here it is:

1. I do bike and its my grand return to biking. It gives great contact with nature. You see more in shorter time and also faster you can reach places which are nice. I discovered biking in the summer, after I decided to quit driving car for some time. Burn out syndrome was my case in July after working long years for corporation. Have you ever felt like empty egg shell? No positive energy? no ability to write one single sentence that comes from your heart or is an effect of your creativity? hmmm..... sounds stupid to me today, but at that time it was rather tragic. I had to completely change my living style in order to get to normal again. So, I changed diet, got more physical and more contact with real life and real people. I quit driving car and bought bicycle and I love it. I explored places in the neighbourhood that I never saw before. Will I ever reach Warsaw by bike?

2. I get up early in the morning. When I do it at 5 am - it is great!. Others are still sleeping and is sooo quite around.

3. Right after I open my eyes I eat banana and drink cup of coffee - I do it exactly same way since 20 years.

4. I often eat pasta al oglio. It is my favourite and very easy to make. Just spaghetti with olive oil, garlic and parmesan. If you didn't try it, you had to do it and you will love it till the end of your life!

5. I allow myself to have 'lazy days' - sometimes I make one day fully 'lazy' - just hanging around in the house, reading a book or magazine (usually gardening magazine, that I have read already 5 times, but there is always something new I spot).

6. I like digging and planting in the garden most. Also planning the plant's combinations - it unleash my creativity - I feel like painting with plants.

7. I try to make stretching gymnastics at least 2 times a week.

8. I seldom read dailies - I feel like escaping far away from politics and start to live in the forest.

So I made it. There is no plants on the list, cos I can not make up my mind which one to choose :)

And now - according to the rules - I should point my meme tag victims!
It will be again very international - I love it! here we go...

Barbara - blogging wonderfully from Switzerland
Tyra - gardening in Sweden
Britt-Arnhild - gardening in Norway
Silke garden and cat fan from Germany
a wildlife gardener from Scotland
aloe garden from South Africa
meems describing her approach to garden in Florida
karen Canada

I am loking forward to your 8 random things :)

10 comments:

kate said...

This was great fun to read. I have lazy days too - especially at this time of year!

Shady Gardener said...

Ewa,
Thanks for visiting my site. Now I'm visiting yours! :-)

I really enjoyed traveling through time with regard to the vast improvements you've made in your yard! You've done a beautifully, and I'm sure it never ceases to give you joy.

I will enjoy returning to your site.

ericat said...

Thank you for the visit and the tag. It is interesting to read information which will not otherwise be given. It is late already here 10:35, in your world it would be even later, but I better go to bed as my brain are already sleeping...
will talk tomorrow

Unknown said...

I'm glad you did your meme post, Ewa--it was fun to read about your likes and habits. I think that a lazy day should be something we all get to do at least once every other week! In fact I just may have one tomorrow!

Barbara said...

Hi Ewa
I just returned from a short stay in Dublin and I'm still a bit tired. And what do I see? I have been tagged from you. When my son returns home next weekend, he has to show me too ...how to make a superlink !! So I'll write 8 random things about my person later on...but I'll do it! But today it is a lazy Sunday....
Have a good time, Ewa!

Anonymous said...

I'm about to have coffee and now I wish I had a banana! Nice to learn some new things about you!

Candice said...

HI Ewa,

Thanks for visiting my site, you probably can't tell from my blog, but I love organic gardening too. I've just started part time work at Northey Street City Farm (you can google it) and have recently planted some African corn for summer.

I haven't tried al oglio before, but since my parents own an olive grove and produce oil olive I'm going to give it a try tonight. Thanks for the tip.

I'd love to get back into the habit of waking early - you have inspired me.

Cheers, C
ps. I only sent the meme on to 3 other people because I only know 3 other people on the web - well 4 now that I've meet you! :)

Preetilata【ツ】 said...

Dear Ewa! I must say you have a wonderful blog. And the tag u did is really awesome. By going through it I came to know how wonderful, interesting and beautiful person you are.

Thanks for visiting my blog and liking the picture.

I was also tagged to write the same tag by Jodi(Bloomingwriter).Today only I have updated it.I am inviting you to my blog "White Window" http://mywhitewindow.blogspot.com/

Between may I link your blog with mine?

I hope to keep in touch with you.

Take Care
:) :) :)

SchneiderHein said...

Hi Ewa,
I've posted that I am tagged from you, but November can't make me a little bit depressed or sad. Now I enjoy to decorate for christmas and so I will post the 8 random things later in January...
Silke

Meems said...

Hi Ewa- I really enjoyed reading your 8 random things. I will do my MEME after (our American Holiday) Thanksgiving. Right now I am busily readying my home with cooking, cooking, cooking to hostess a very large family gathering.

I too get up very early because no one else it up. It has always proven to be more profitable than the extra sleep as I can focus on my spiritual needs and get myself centered before the busyness of the day encroaches. I laughed when I read that you start with a cup of coffee and a banana. That is EXACTLY what I have every morning.

Now I need to take your advice and have a lazy day... that sounds like a good plan.

KEEP READING - MORE GREAT STUFF IN OLDER POSTS